(1) Why are most of your posts focused on Cavite and the South?

Linggo, Mayo 27, 2012


Debate thought me to ask more than the 5W’s and 1H. It thought me to ask, “so what?

In third year high school, arguably one of my favorite teachers ever gave us a challenge: to try and save the Imus River. Now that I think about it, that was such an ambitious, impossible project. But we were never really taught to aim low.

We researched about the projects being done by the municipal government to bring the river back to life. Our group got so far as to research environmental microorganisms that were being used in Japan and how the local government of Imus was looking into it.

So what? 

Suffice to say, the river is no better that it was almost seven years ago.

That project was what actually got me to take Public Administration in college- I wanted to work for the government and help make programs and projects that actually made sense, came through and helped society at large. On a smaller, more selfish scale, I wanted to help my municipality.

So what?

It’s been two years after college and I’m in the corporate world. The river is also still no better.

True, I do feel like the company I’m in really is in the business of improving living conditions (\m/), but that doesn’t change the fact that I don’t feel like I’m helping out my home town.

Then, a few months ago, we had a project for work where we featured the best food from the areas we serviced. Of the 20 or so caterers we hired, none of there came from my province, let alone my municipality.

So what?

So, challenge accepted. I’m going to let the world see why I was so driven to help develop my hometown and my province- I want to prove that the past isn’t the only interesting thing about Imus, Cavite and what lies south of Metro Manila.

So the long and short of it is this: For now, I'm writing what I know and what I'm discovering about my home province. I feel like I owe it that much.

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento